Our favourite Australian tattoo artist is launching a book about Fukushima with Bassike via Vogue Australia

Fashion and art collide.

You may remember Stanislava Pinchuk (known as Miso) from Vogue’s Art Week, but now the Australian artist-slash-tattooist has released a book with Sydney’s very own Bassike

A match made in minimalist heaven, the collision between Miso with the support of the ultimate off-duty label has resulted in a limited run book titled, Fukushima, in collaboration with La Chambre Graphique Paris. 

Although it is her third book, Fukushima is unlike anything Pinchuk has published previously. 

Conceptualised during a trip to Fukushima Nuclear Exclusion Zone in Japan, the book is a collection of photographs and drawings mapping the topographies of the land in the zone. 

“I suppose with my practice, what I’m really obsessed by is the way wars and conflict change the landscape. That really began working with the Ukrainian Civil War, and dealing with the shock of seeing my home invaded. And it led to a huge interest for me in Chernobyl & Fukushima – being the sites of the two biggest nuclear disasters, and both in countries that I’ve lived in,” she says of the project, which culminates with a solo exhibiton titled Sarcophagus, which presents the body of work shown in the book. 

[…]

Fukushima will be available to purchase in select Bassike stores from May 2nd and Sarcophagus is open at China Heights Gallery from April 28 – May 14.

This entry was posted in *English and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.