NASA plans to put nuclear reactors on MARS to power a human colony via Mirror

A successful power base on the red planet could create fuel, air and water for human settlers

The first humans to settle on Mars could have small nuclear power stations responsible for providing energy.

That’s because NASA is currently working on an £11 million project to develop nuclear fission reactors that could work on the red planet . The space agency has built several 6.5ft (1.98m) reactors and is due to start testing them here on Earth. 

Each reactor splits uranium atoms in half to generate power and, if they pass the initial tests, they could be shipped to Mars to be tested there.

[…]

This isn’t the first time the US space agency has experimented with nuclear reactors in space. 

Back in the 1960s it had a so-called SNAP (Systems for Nuclear Auxiliary Power) programme that developed, among other things, the radioisotope thermoelectric generator (RTG). This is, in effect, a small lump of decaying plutonium-238 that gives off heat and power as it breaks down.

Read more at NASA plans to put nuclear reactors on MARS to power a human colony 

Posted in *English.

Tagged with , , , .

11 Responses

1. Silicone Women Doll says

Itactually a nice and useful piece of info. I happy that you just shared this useful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

2. mini electric water pump says

Normally I don’t read post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, quite nice post.

3. auto electric water pump says

Wow! Thank you! I continually needed to write on my blog something like that. Can I include a portion of your post to my site?

4. Paste Filling Machine says

Very nice article and straight to the point. I don’t know if this is truly the best place to ask but do you guys have any thoughts on where to employ some professional writers? Thanks in advance 🙂

5. Shampoo Filling Machine says

Very nice article and straight to the point.

6. drum dispenser handling says

Excellent blog here! Also your site loads up very fast! What host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

7. Saucenfüllmaschine says

Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a few months of hard work due to no data backup. Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers?

8. baterías de fosfato de hierro y litio says

Great blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog shine. Please let me know where you got your theme. Thanks

9. VKPAK says

Hi are using WordPress for your site platform? I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and set up my own. Do you need any html coding knowledge to make your own blog? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

10. Máquina aplicadora de etiquetas says

I do like the manner in which you have framed this specific challenge plus it does indeed offer us some fodder for consideration. Nevertheless, through what I have observed, I just simply wish when the feedback pile on that individuals stay on point and in no way embark on a tirade involving some other news of the day. All the same, thank you for this fantastic piece and whilst I can not go along with this in totality, I respect your point of view.

11. Ampoule Sticker Labeling Machine says

I like what you guys are usually up too. This type of clever work and exposure! Keep up the superb works guys I’ve included you guys to blogroll.