NASA plans to put nuclear reactors on MARS to power a human colony via Mirror

A successful power base on the red planet could create fuel, air and water for human settlers

The first humans to settle on Mars could have small nuclear power stations responsible for providing energy.

That’s because NASA is currently working on an £11 million project to develop nuclear fission reactors that could work on the red planet . The space agency has built several 6.5ft (1.98m) reactors and is due to start testing them here on Earth. 

Each reactor splits uranium atoms in half to generate power and, if they pass the initial tests, they could be shipped to Mars to be tested there.

[…]

This isn’t the first time the US space agency has experimented with nuclear reactors in space. 

Back in the 1960s it had a so-called SNAP (Systems for Nuclear Auxiliary Power) programme that developed, among other things, the radioisotope thermoelectric generator (RTG). This is, in effect, a small lump of decaying plutonium-238 that gives off heat and power as it breaks down.

Read more at NASA plans to put nuclear reactors on MARS to power a human colony 

Posted in *English.

Tagged with , , , .

12 Responses

1. Silicone Women Doll says

Itactually a nice and useful piece of info. I happy that you just shared this useful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.

2. mini electric water pump says

Normally I don’t read post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, quite nice post.

3. auto electric water pump says

Wow! Thank you! I continually needed to write on my blog something like that. Can I include a portion of your post to my site?

4. Paste Filling Machine says

Very nice article and straight to the point. I don’t know if this is truly the best place to ask but do you guys have any thoughts on where to employ some professional writers? Thanks in advance 🙂

5. Shampoo Filling Machine says

Very nice article and straight to the point.

6. drum dispenser handling says

Excellent blog here! Also your site loads up very fast! What host are you using? Can I get your affiliate link to your host? I wish my site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

7. Saucenfüllmaschine says

Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a few months of hard work due to no data backup. Do you have any solutions to prevent hackers?

8. Npack says

Hello my loved one! I wish to say that this article is awesome, great written and include approximately all important infos. I would like to look extra posts like this .

9. Máquina de tapado says

Hiya, I am really glad I have found this information. Today bloggers publish just about gossips and internet and this is actually frustrating. A good website with exciting content, that’s} what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I’ll be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can’t find it.

10. Npack says

Thanks for another fantastic article. Where else may just anybody get that kind of information in such an ideal manner of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I’m on the look for such information.

11. Haiyan says

Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find any individual with some authentic thoughts on this subject. realy thanks for starting this up. this web site is one thing that’s needed on the internet, somebody with a little originality. helpful job for bringing one thing new to the web!

12. Strpack says

Would you be all in favour of exchanging hyperlinks?