Fears growing that radioactive material could pass through groundwater to the nearby Columbia River.
Washington state’s Hanford Nuclear Reservation is one of the most contaminated places in the United States, with the government recently disclosing that six large underground tanks are leaking up to 2,000 litres of radioactive liquid per year.
Watch the video at US nuclear site leaks alarm environmentalists
- Energy Department says budget cuts could delay cleanup at highest-risk nuclear sites via The Washington Post
- Manager says safety issues are ignored at Hanford nuclear site via Los Angels Times
- Nuclear Waste Seeping From Container In Hazardous Wash. State Facility via npr
- ‘No immediate risk’: Nuclear waste tank leaking in Washington via RT
- Underground Nuclear Tanks Leaking in Washington State via NY Times
- American Chernobyl via Intercontinental Cry