Armless artist Karipbek Kuyukov ‘denied entry’ to UK via BBC News

A Kazakh artist who was born without arms says he could not get permission to enter the UK last month because he could not give fingerprints.

Karipbek Kuyukov planned to attend an anti-nuclear conference in Edinburgh.

But he got a letter from the British Consulate in Istanbul saying his “biometrics were of poor quality” and asking him to resubmit his application.

[…]

Mr Kuyukov was born in the region of Semipalatinsk, the former Soviet Union’s main nuclear testing ground.

Many thousands of children were born with disabilities during the nuclear test programme.

Mr Kuyukov has used his painting to campaign for nuclear disarmament for the past 20 years.

Read more at Armless artist Karipbek Kuyukov ‘denied entry’ to UK

Posted in *English.

Tagged with , , , , .

6 Responses

1. Goodtime says

This is a very educative and helpful blog post, I really learnt a lot going through it, and I must commend you for this great piece which I consider very useful to me and other readers, please keep it up, thanks. aau post-utme past questions & solutions

2. easyinfoblog.com says

You are amazing in sharing this kind of awesome helpful knowledgeable article and its such a fantastic skill work and the amazing effort. Well done and keep more to writing. Read more easyinfoblog.com

3. techfolder says

This is a very educative and helpful blog post, I really learned a lot going through it, and I must commend you for this great piece which I consider very useful Svchost.exe High CPU Usage

4. xenius.in says

You are amazing in sharing this kind of awesome helpful knowledgeable article

5. Scientific Universities In The West Coast says

Great article, I love your write-up and your page arrangement. It really interesting. Not many people can write like you. I will surely bookmark this site to visit often.

6. Tell Me About Yourself College Interview Sample Answers says

The article is really excellent. Each time I read through this article, I get information again. The best article I’ve read so far. Thank You.