Nuclear regulators recommend early site permit for Oak Ridge modular reactor site via Knox News

The Nuclear Regulatory Commission recommended issuing an early site permit for the Tennessee Valley Authority’s proposed Clinch River nuclear site in west Oak Ridge, after the final environmental impact statement was issued. 

TVA plans to build at least two small modular nuclear reactors on its 935-acre site on the Clinch River in Roane County, not far from the Bull Run Fossil Plant, which TVA is closing for lack of demand
Small modular nuclear reactor designs not ready 

Small modular nuclear reactor designs are not yet available because the technology is still being developed. According to the Department of Energy, small modular reactors will offer the ability to follow varying power demands common in remote areas. They cost less to assemble and have nuclear security advantages over large, traditional nuclear plants. 

[…]

If organizations or the public petition the permit, the Atomic Safety and Licensing Board panel will hold a contested hearing. 

Read more at Nuclear regulators recommend early site permit for Oak Ridge modular reactor site

Posted in *English.

Tagged with , .

2 Responses

1. 토토사이트 says

I’m writing on this topic these days, , but I have stopped writing because there is no reference material. Then I accidentally found your article. I can refer to a variety of materials, so I think the work I was preparing will work! Thank you for your efforts. 토토사이트

2. 온라인바둑이 says

Looking at this article, I miss the time when I didn’t wear a mask. 온라인바둑이 Hopefully this corona will end soon. My blog is a blog that mainly posts pictures of daily life before Corona and landscapes at that time. If you want to remember that time again, please visit us.