A Second Letter from Jailed Professor Masaki Shimoji via Fukushima Voice

Thank you so very, very much. I am actually more comfortable than I imagined I would be in jail.

We have to adhere to a schedule, but I don’t particularly have any problems with it since I normally get up about the same time every morning. I mostly do writing in my room, so surprisingly I spend little time reading. I would like to thank the person from Osaka-city who gave me a book to read. (But I might not like reading a book by Haruki Murakami that much).

Interrogation takes place on a daily basis. This is a moment to face the authority of the nation, so it makes me nervous. I can’t fight them alone. However, I am told many people are supporting me, which helps me fight. I really appreciate all your support.

I think the food served here probably has some radiation contamination, but I have resigned to eat it. If it looks like it might be quite contaminated, I leave it out. That’s how it has been. I don’t care about not being able to have snacks.

What I feel the most strongest about is the cruelty of someone having to engage in unjust work of participating in an unjust arrest and unjust detainment. I would like the world to be a place for young police officers to be freed from such unjust work and concentrate on decent work. That’s how I feel.

Read more at A Second Letter from Jailed Professor Masaki Shimoji

Posted in *English.

Tagged with , , , , .

8 Responses

1. Zuze says

Thanks, i like this article

2. Pediafire says

I like you content, if you want another content, you can visit CCleaner, you can download it for free now!

3. Baca Ngtd says

I like you write “I think the food served here probably has some radiation contamination” thanks brother.

4. OtsJobs says

Appreciate it for helping out, excellent information.

5. Mahakam post says

It’s a good article, i like.

6. anatasya mou says

VERY NICE ARTICLE!!!!!

7. Dunia service says

Amazing article, thanks for your information.

8. Zuze Media says

Thanks boy, this is help me