NEVADA VIEWS: Nuclear tests and the Shoshone people via Las Vegas Review Journal

By Ian Zabarte Special to the Review-Journal

REGARDING Gary Martin’s June 15 Review-Journal article, “Nuke test rumors spur Nevada lawmakers”: As a Shoshone, we always had horses. My grandfather always told me, “Stop kicking up dust.” Now I understand that it was because of the radioactive fallout. To hide the impacts from nuclear weapons testing the US Congress defined Shoshone Indian ponies as “wild horses.” There is no such thing as a wild horse. They are feral horses but, the Wild Horse and Burrow Acts of 1971 gave the Bureau of Land Management the affirmative act to take Shoshone livestock while blaming the Shoshone ranchers for the destruction of the range caused by nuclear weapons testing. My livelihood was taken, and the Shoshone economy destroyed by the Bureau of Land Management. On the land, radioactive fallout destroyed the delicate high desert flora and fauna creating huge vulnerabilities where noxious and invasive plants species took hold.

[…]

Read more.

Posted in *English.

Tagged with , , .

30 Responses

1. کیف دخترانه پاپیون بگ says

so good and useful

2. Tamilgun says

excellent post keep it up

3. dark web links says

. Credit card fraud is a real and growing problem on the Internet, and although most people don’t realize it, many types of transactions can take place when you do business on the dark web. A lot of people get confused when they find out that the dark web can be a place where they can purchase items and services without ever having to meet or speak to anyone face to face. However, there are ways that you can protect yourself from this type of transaction, and we will discuss some of them in the following paragraphs. If you are wondering how to get credit cards off the dark web links, then keep reading and we’ll show you!

4. find more says

Great post! I agree that reading and commenting on a lot of blogs really helps move your blog along.

5. ahamad harakat says

موقع تحميل تطبيقات

6. lovesms says

Thanks for the great blog posting! This is an insightful blog

7. Fire Service Recruitment says

One of the best articles I have read online. Thanks for sharing this information.

8. GMAT Past Questions says

Thanks for sharing this awesome knowledge

9. islamic prayer times says

Islamic Prayer Times I think this is an informative

10. hello dilli says

Hello Dilli Delhi Updates Thanks for sharing such an amazing article, really informative

11. al kabir health care says

Al Kabir Health Care Al Kabir Health Care ” This site was… how do you say it? Relevant!!
    Finally I’ve found something that helped me. Thank you!”

12. dr rajat goel says

Dr Rajat Goel best bariatric surgeon in delhi Great post. Articles that have meaningful and insightful comments are more enjoyable, at least to me. It’s interesting to read what other people thought and how it relates to them or their clients, as their perspective could possibly help you in the future.

13. university times says

University Times University news Good article and right to the point. I don’t know if this is really the best place to ask but do you folks have any thoughts on where to employ some professional writers? Thanks in advance 🙂

14. Best Bariatric Surgeon in singapore says

Dr Rajat Goel best bariatric surgeon in Singapore Wonderful site. Lots of useful info here. I’m sending it to several pals ans additionally sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks to your sweat!

15. Best Bariatric Surgeon in dubai says

Dr Rajat Goel best bariatric surgeon in Dubai very interesting , good job and thanks for sharing such a good information

16. jaago indian says

Jaago Indian Letest News , Political news , Today News Update Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man,Keep it up.

17. Du Times says

Du Times- Du Times- Delhi University News I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. I really enjoyed reading this post. big fan, thank you!

18. Du Times says

19. Max says

It’s time to end nuclear power. We’ll have enough of Chernobyl and Fokushima. There are alternative energy sources. Maxim …. Piromax.

20. 789betting vip says

Very good for information here I thank you very much

21. Goodtime says

This is a very useful and important information, it was so useful to me and other readers, thank you for always feeding the readers with interesting and useful information, your blog is indeed doing very well, kudos, meanwhile you can checkout this coou post utme past question online

22. jaypaul says

thanks for sharing

23. chiomablog says

very useful content

24. lukako says

i love the contents of this website

25. james says

26. tranforbes138.livejournal/savingchief says

Thanks! Nice Post.

27. switch audio file converter crack says

Switch Sound File Converter Crack is an excellent and best audio converter created to create, convert and modify audio files with various operations. It is a powerful and comprehensive application, equipped with many creative tools and features that give the user complete control over creating a fully personalized output file. switch audio file converter crack

28. lars says

e ranchers for the destruction of the range caused by nuclear weapons testing. My livelihood was taken, and the Shoshone economy destroyed by the Bureau of Land Management. On the land, radioactive fallout destroyed the delicate high desert flora and fauna creating huge vulnerabilities where noxious and invasive

29. Hiperwin says

Rulet oyna ve online rulet terimleri, sanal casino oyuncuları tarafından en çok arattırılan terimlerdendir. Bunun başlıca sebebi, ruletin en beğenilen ve kazanç miktarı yüksek casino oyunlarının başında gelmesidir. Kaliteli bir oyun keyfi sunan ve çekim güvencesi veren Hiperwin’de bu popüler oyunda kazanmanız çok kolay.