France extends lifetime of its oldest nuclear reactors via Star Tribune

By SYLVIE CORBET 

PARIS — France’s nuclear safety authority agreed Thursday to extend the operational lifetime of the country’s 32 oldest nuclear reactors by a decade to as much as 50 years.

The public electricity company that operates the nuclear plants, EDF, is in charge of ensuring the safety of the reactors, which had previously been intended to run for 40 years.

The nuclear authority said in a statement that it finds that measures planned by EDF “open the prospect of continued operation of these reactors for a further ten years.”

Nuclear energy currently provides about 70% of French electricity, more than in any other country. France aims to reduce that proportion to 50% by 2035 while boosting renewable energy.

[…]

Most nuclear reactors were built in the 1980s, meaning they could be shut down in the 2030s.

Germany’s environment minister criticized the nuclear safety authority’s decision.

Read more at France extends lifetime of its oldest nuclear reactors

Posted in *English.

Tagged with , .

10 Responses

1. TelltheBell says

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free.

2. dark web links says

Recently I came across a dark link that I quickly followed to find that my wife and I were on a site with over one hundred thousand other members. I found it while I was scouring the dark web looking for information on the dark web. I quickly realized that there were plenty of sites such as ours, but most were either not in existence or too aged to be of any use. So, what was the point of joining a site which was only half made and just waiting to die off? I soon learned that by making use of a dark link finding tool that I could easily find sites that were just dying out because they were never taken off the server.

3. Lock Repair Services Glendale AZ says

I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style of blogging. I added it to my favorites blog site list and will be checking back soon. Please check out my site as well and let me know what you think.

4. MyBalanceNow says

Your article content is being very much interested, I am very impressed with your post. I hope to receive more great posts.

5. MyAARPMedicare says

Thanks For Sharing This Helpfull Information…….

6. McDVOICE says

Thanks for sharing such a helpful instruction, really appreciate for your article.

7. peryourhealth says

This is a very informative blog for me. I am very much benefited after reading this blog. Keep sharing.

8. MyBalanceNow says

Nice and amazing post this one is, thanks for sharing…

9. ACES ETM says

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you’ve always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post.

10. ironcad design crack says

IRONCAD Design Collaboration Suite Crack is a weak and new business creation package, just like the engineers and configuration you need to create and modify the 2D and 3D models. This epic app has all the tools you need to turn your mind into natural health. ironcad design collaboration suite crack