The UChicago Linguistic Research Forum will take place on March 17 and 18, 2017 at the Chinese University of Hong Kong. The workshop focuses on new advances in linguistics, with a special subtheme focusing on multilingualism in urban settings. The workshop is an attempt to initiate exchange between researchers from a wide range of specialization, exhibiting a shared interest in learning more about linguistic diversity in urban settings such as Hong Kong and Chicago. The present workshop capitalizes on existing collaborations between Chicago faculty and local experts, using this workshop as a way to increase the visibility of existing research projects and to explore potential new venues for collaborations either between existing connections or with new partners.
- Public lecture by Chris Kennedy at the UChicago Center in Hong Kong on March 19, 2017.
- University of Chicago Center in Hong Kong
- Committee on Chinese Studies, Center for East Asian Studies, University of Chicago
- The Department of Linguistics and Modern Languages, the Chinese University of Hong Kong
- University of Hong Kong Centre for Communication Disorders (CCD)