- Central European University Under Attack: In Victor Orbán’s Hungary, illiberal politics cannot tolerate liberal minds.
- Support for Central European University. Directors of Regional Centers and CEERES Faculty speak out
- Mobilizing Gender: Secularism, Nation and Remaking Europe
- Reflecting on “Mobilizing Gender: Secularism, Nation and Remaking Europe”
- Rights Research in Central Asia: Challenges, Insights
Tag Archives: WWII
In Empire’s Long Shadow: Modern Constructions of Central Eurasia, 1900-1941 by Robert Bird In recent years the University of Chicago has become home to a group of innovative young scholars—both faculty and PhD students—working on issues related to the modern construction … Continue reading
Who is Svetlana Alexievich? by Zachary Murphy King On January 19, 2016, the Center for East European, Russian and Eurasian Studies hosted a roundtable discussion on Svetlana Alexievich, winner of the 2015 Nobel Prize for Literature. Specialists in Russian studies from … Continue reading