- Central European University Under Attack: In Victor Orbán’s Hungary, illiberal politics cannot tolerate liberal minds.
- Support for Central European University. Directors of Regional Centers and CEERES Faculty speak out
- Mobilizing Gender: Secularism, Nation and Remaking Europe
- Reflecting on “Mobilizing Gender: Secularism, Nation and Remaking Europe”
- Rights Research in Central Asia: Challenges, Insights
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Central European University Under Attack: In Victor Orbán’s Hungary, illiberal politics cannot tolerate liberal minds.
This post originally appear in The Nation. You can see the original post here. by John Connelly On April 4, Hungary’s Parliament passed amendments to an existing higher-education law that were intended to force the closing of Central European University … Continue reading
PROTEST LETTER IN SUPPORT OF CEU April 24, 2017 Dear European Parliament, European Commission and Government of Hungary: We write to you as the Directors of Centers for East European, Russian and Eurasian Studies across the United States, in … Continue reading
To Be Arrested in Russia by Ariella Katz On September 19, a week before school started, I was arrested in Moscow twice. I went to Manezhnaya Square, near the entrance to Red Square with a poster that said in Latin: “Ildar … Continue reading
Welcome to “East from Chicago,” a multimedia blog focusing on East European, Russian and Eurasian Studies at The University of Chicago. Our goal is to report on events of interest held by a wide variety of departments, committees, and centers … Continue reading