If you’d like to pass along news of what you’ve been doing, where you are, what projects you are involved in, and any recent accomplishments or important events, please send those in at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Christina Peterson (PhD 2010) recently received the Robert A. Staub Distinguished Teacher Award from Eckerd College.
- Salomé Skvirsky book, The Process Genre: Cinema and the Aesthetic of Labor (Duke University Press, 2020), was shortlisted for the Kraszna-Krausz Moving Image Book Award.
- D.N. Rodowick’s book, An Education in Judgment: Hannah Arendt and the Humanities, will be coming out in summer 2021 with University of Chicago Press.
- Jacqueline Stewart co-edited the recently released book William Greaves: Filmmaking as Mission (Columbia University Press, 2021).
- Postdoctoral teaching fellow Panpan Yang presented her paper “Xu Bing’s the Character of Characters and the Possibilities of Calligraphic Animation,” and won the Honorable Mention at the Inaugural Conference of the Association for Chinese Animation Studies in 2021.
- Professor Daniel Morgan won the Faculty Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching and Mentoring, and Professor Patrick Jagoda won the Quantrell Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching.
- Dominique Bluher published an essay, “Varda’s Third Life,” as part of a special issue of Camera Obscura devoted to the legacies of the work of Agnès Varda.
- “Zoom in the past conditional” by Ph.D. candidate Gary Kafer was published in Jump Cut in spring 2021.
- Ph.D. candidate Pedro Doreste worked as a research assistant on the ongoing exhibition “Visualizing/Performing Blackness in the Afterlives of Slavery: A Caribbean Archive.”
- Ph.D. candidate Sasha Crawford-Holland published an article, “The Birth of a Nation in Canada: Black Protest and White Denialism across Canada’s Color Lines,” in the journal Film History.