There are a number of UChicago connections at the concurrent meeting of SSILA (Society for the Study of the Indigenous Languages of the Americas):
1. “Information structure conditioned word order in Potawatomi” by Robert Lewis
2. ” On the pragmatic relationship indexed by Long Distance Agreement in Meskwaki” by Amy Dahlstrom
3. “A preliminary study on accentuation in Hidatsa” by John Boyle (PhD alum 2008) et al.
4. “Perfect ‘status’ and its relationship to morphosyntax in Kaqchikel” by Raina Heaton & Judith Maxwell (PhD alum 1982)
5. Special session in memory of Emmon Bach (UChicago PhD in Germanic, 1959)
6. Introduction to the Emmon Bach session by Barbara Partee, (UChicago honorary degree, 2014)
Full SSILA schedule here: