Zabaan is currently encouraging qualifying applicants to apply for the following job opening:
Job Title: Cultural Liaison and Curriculum Developer
Opened: September 15, 2009
Deadline: Until filled
S.A. Zabaan Pvt. Ltd. is a Hindi and Urdu language institute based in New Delhi, India. Zabaan offers high quality Hindi and Urdu courses for the public through group classesand private one-on-one lessons. Zabaan recently began accepting registration for online classes which will start in October. For current class offerings, please visit http://zabaan.com.
Job Summary: As Zabaan seeks to establish strong connections within the international community in New Delhi while at the same time ensuring that its learning materials and language teaching techniques are the best available, Zabaan is thrilled to invite qualifying applicants to apply for a one-year (potentially renewable) Cultural Liaison and Curriculum Developer position starting October 2009. Join the Zabaan team and add to our success over the past seven years by acting as a cultural liaison between Zabaan and the American and European business, diplomatic, academic, tourist, and expatriate communities throughout the Delhi region by researching and attending events and making presentations about the process, importance, and benefits of learning local languages when living abroad. As Curriculum Developer, the successful applicant will take a leading role in expanding our curriculum and learning materials for our Basic and Intermediate Hindi courses and help to adapt the newly created materials for use within our Basic and Intermediate Urdu courses.
* At least a B.A. from an accredited college or university in a field relevant to South Asia.
* A native speaker of English with the ability to write and speak articulately and persuasively.
* A high level of comfort in writing, designing, and giving Power Point Presentations and fielding questions.
* A high level of proficiency in the Hindi language and an ability to at least read and write the Urdu language.
* Knowledge and understanding of second-language acquisition theory and practice.
* Curriculum and material creation experience within at least one second/foreign language program (or the equivalent).
* At least one year of experience living in India.
* A high level of proficiency with Apple and PC computers (familiarity with the applications Microsoft Word, Power Point, Apple Mail, Pages, and Numbers is essential).
* A TESOL, CertTESOL, or CELTA certificate (or equivalent).
* Familiarity with other foreign languages.
* At least one year of experience teaching Hindi and/or Urdu for a university, an affiliate, or privately.
* At least one year of experience studying a foreign language in a foreign country.
* Any kind of association or familiarity with Zabaan.
Salary and Benefits: The position Cultural Liaison and Curriculum Developer is a full-time position – the successful applicant is expected to work 40 hours per week. The monthly salary for this position is INR 40,000.00, with an opportunity for advancement upon completion of a six-month review. The successful applicant will be provided a room in a beautiful 400 sq yd flat in South Delhi for the duration of the work contract. Plenty of food is available throughout the day and is prepared by an excellent cook. The successful candidate will be assigned an iBook to use for his or her work. Health care expenses (reasonable expenses for prescription drugs and routine doctor visits) will be covered by Zabaan and all transportation costs related to Zabaan work will be reimbursed.
Instructions for Applicants: Send your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with two cover letters explaining why you think you are a suitable candidate for this position (one in English and the other in Hindi), and two references.
Applicants will be notified by e-mail that their application materials were successfully received.
S.A. Zabaan Private Limited is an non-discriminatory, equal opportunity employer.