The 2nd Workshop on Innovations in Cantonese Linguistics (WICL 2) will take place on March 7, 2014, at the University of Chicago, U.S.A. The workshop focuses on new advances in Cantonese Linguistics, including innovations in methodologies, tools, and/or computing software. New approaches and research on language variation within the Cantonese (or “Yue”) subgroup of the Chinese language family, language contact phenomena, and new subfields and their interfaces are especially welcome.
- Marjorie Chan (The Ohio State University)
- Elaine Francis (Purdue University)
- Benjamin Munson (University of Minnesota)
- Patrick Wong (Chinese University of Hong Kong)
WICL2 will meet in conjunction with the 2nd East Asian Psycholinguistics Colloquium (EAPC 2), to be held on March 8 at the University of Chicago. We encourage attendees of WICL2 to attend the EAPC 2 as well.
- December 15, 2013: Deadline for abstract submission.
- January 15, 2013: Notification of Acceptance
- March 7, 2014: Workshop on Innovations in Cantonese Linguistics 2
- The first WICL
- The Franke Institute for the Humanities
- The University of Chicago Center for East Asian Studies