We at the Material and the Code are pleased to announce the full program for the screening and exhibition that will accompany the symposium. In addition to a screening of short, single-channel screen-based works, we will also be exhibiting several ambient, installed works. Download the Material and Code screening program (PDF). More information can be found on the Program page.
Friday, 26 February, 7:00pm, Cobb 307.
1. Two By David Lynch: Mulholland Drive (US 2001; 8m) and commercial (US 2008; 1m)
2. Capitalism: Child Labor (Ken Jacobs, US 2006; 14m)
3. The Heart of the World (Guy Maddin, Canada 2001; 6m)
4. Commercial for PlayStation 3’s Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (US 2009; 1m)
5. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King, Wrathgate (2008, Blizzard Entertainment, US; 5m)
6. The Top 25 Grossing Films of All Time, 2 X 2 (Jason Salavon, US 2001; 4m)
7. Mist (Zhang Xiaotao, China 2008; 16m)
8. Moviestorm Machinima Audition Tape (jonCates, US 2009; 9m)
9. Olympiad (Lillian Schwartz, US 1971; 4m)
10. The Memory of a Landscape (Tatjana Marusic, Germany 2004; 12m)
11. Last Days in a Lonely Place (Phil Solomon, US 2008; 25m)
Friday 6:00pm-9:00pm and Saturday 9:00-5:00pm, 26-27 February, Cobb 425.
1. FM.3 (Mark Domino, US 2010)
Friday 6:00pm-9:00pm and Saturday 9:00-5:00pm, 26-27 February, Cobb 310.
1. Optical De-dramatization Engine O.D.E. Applied in 40-hour cycles to Thomas Ince’s “The Invaders” (Barbara Lattanzi, US 2006)
2. Flickeur (Mario Klingemann, Germany 2006)
3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Naughty Dog, US 2009)