Below are some brief descriptions of the internships offered through Maph for the Summer of 2015. But first, a couple of things to keep in mind:
- You can apply for more than 1 internship, and in fact we encourage you to apply to multiple internships. The deadline is Friday, May 1st at 5:00 pm.
- Interns will be expected to provide 300 hours, 30 hours/week over 10 weeks (there is some flexibility here, be sure to communicate with Maren and with your supervisor). All interns will receive a salary of $3300.
- Matt and I can, and will, look at the application materials for internships. Kerri and GSA are also great resources to utilize.
Adventure Stage Chicago
It was 50 degrees Monday. The snow/ice was melting, the sun was peeking out, undergrads were wearing shorts. Sure, now it looks like Gethen out there, but it’s still almost spring. I don’t need to tell you that with Spring comes some important deadlines (like the thesis), but never fear, you have time to start thinking about things. And we are here to help.
There is a detailed list of this summer’s MAPH internships below. But first, here are some dates to put on your calendar:
- Spring Break Thesis Write-In: March 24-28 (I cannot recommend this heartily enough! More info & registration here.)
- Mentorship/Internship/Externship Application Kickoff: Friday, April 4 at Noon (location TBA). Come ask us questions about these offerings!
- MAPH Resume & Cover Letter Workshop: Friday, April 11 at Noon (location TBA)
- Internship and Mentorship Application Deadline: Friday, May 2
Keri, Tavi, and I will likely have new office hour slots next quarter, but we are around next week!
- Keri: Thursday, 3/20 from 9 until 11 am
- Jessi: Wednesday, 3/19 from 2:30 until 4:30 pm
- Tavi: Thursday, 3/20 from 1:30 until 3:30 pm
We are also available during other times, so please do not hesitate to reach out if you would like to meet but can’t make our office hours. Also, Mearah will be having open office hours over at Career Advancement from 3-5 pm every Thursday next quarter. We definitely recommend stopping by to see her!
And now for the internships themselves… Continue reading
You know how we have been telling you all since Colloquium to use this year to think about your professional life, as well as your academic life? Well, this time we really mean it. Now that the bulk of Winter Quarter is behind you, it is time to seriously consider—and more than consider, actually take action on—your post-MAPH plans. You will hear a lot of moaning and groaning from us over the next few months begging and pleading with you to come talk to us about resumes, cover letters and all other things “job-application-y.” These are all things that you should do. And while a great burden will befall you come June 15th, MAPH tries to alleviate some of this stress by offering paid (yes, you read that right: PAID) summer internships. Continue reading