What is Learnapalooza? It’s a community-based festival offering free workshops and classes lead by volunteers and hosted by local businesses. You’re about to go deep into a specific kind of learning, so if you’re looking for different–perhaps more relaxing–ways to use your brain and get to know Chicago/Chicagoans beforehand, consider volunteering for or attending the festival. This year’s Logan Square Learnapalooza takes place on Sunday, September 22 all day in various Logan Square locations. Classes include:
- Jam On – Creative Jam Combinations (yes, like the kind you eat)
- How Excel Can Make Your Life Easier
- Intro to Acupuncture
- Chemistry at Home for Kids
- Build Your Own PC
- and more!
From the event’s organizers:
We are looking for volunteers to undertake various responsibilities both leading up to and day-of for Logan Square Learnapalooza, taking place Sunday, September 22nd.
- Soliciting Logan Square neighborhood bars/restaurants – approach businesses to recruit sponsors of the event (buy ad space in our program). The area is between Diversey and Armitage and Kimball and Western.
- Locating a suitable bar in Logan Square to host the after party on September 22.
- Volunteers are needed as soon as possible to assist with these tasks. If interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are also recruiting volunteers to help with the below day-of tasks on September 22:
- Learnapalooza registration volunteer – greet volunteers, manage sign-in sheets for classes, and answer general questions (where is the bathroom, what else is going on).
- Learnapalooza street team – Pass out day-of programs to help spread the word about the festival.
- You can volunteer to help out in the morning, afternoon, or all day. Let us know which classes you are interested in attending, and we can even assign you as a volunteer for that class (we like to be efficient around here). Volunteer orientation sessions for day-of tasks will be held the weekend of September 14-15 to provide you all the information you will need to know.
- Additionally, anyone who has anything to share – and basically we all do –can teach a workshop. We are providing a fun and free way for neighbors to share their passions and everyone to learn new skills. We are always looking for day-of volunteers and teachers.
Check out our website, www.learnapaloozachi.com for more details or e-mail directly at email@example.com.