Language Experts Needed
Lidget Green is a company that writes language tests. We currently have a contract to review a large number of test items for the Department of Defense. We need a number of reviewers for each of these languages:
Qualified teachers of these languages would be ideal candidates.
Reviewers must have:
1) good skills in the target language: native speakers with tertiary education in target language are ideal, although non-natives with proven ability might be accepted;
2) good English skills; a degree from an English-medium university or standardized test scores are both acceptable
3) experience in language education, or language assessment
4) permission to work in the US;
5) good computer skills, and able to work in an online environment
The DoD will check resumes, and approve all reviewers in advance. Supporting evidence may be required.
Language teachers of target languages will generally meet these qualifications quite easily, as will many native graduate students studying at US universities.
At the start of the project, reviewers would have to attend a three-day training session at the Defense Language Institute in Monterey, California. All travel and accommodation expenses will be paid, along with a daily honorarium (the general location and the hotel itself are very attractive).
Training is held every month. Our next workshop will be October 2-4, 2012, followed by:
February 2013 (dates TBD)
April 2013 (dates TBD)
June 2013 (dates TBD)
After the initial training, all work can be done online, from home, at whatever time is convenient to the reviewer. The time commitment is a few hours per week, for an estimated ten to twelve weeks. The project has begun for most languages. Ability to work to deadlines is crucial.
Payment is on a per item basis, and at normal work rates, the hourly payment will be attractive. Once some experience is gained, efficient reviewers will earn even more.
For more details of the tasks, and the pay rates, please send a CV to Craig Archambault, firstname.lastname@example.org