CLI courses are tuition free. Full and partial fellowships are available for most languages.
CLI offers two tracks:
TRACK ONE is an 8+3 hybrid program: 8-weeks on the ASU Main Campus with an optional 3-week overseas continuation course (May 31-July 23 at ASU, July 25 – August 12 overseas):
– Albanian (Arizona & Tirana)
– Armenian (Arizona & Yerevan)
– Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian (Arizona & Sarajevo)
– Farsi (Arizona & Dushanbe)
– Hebrew (Arizona)
– Macedonian (Arizona & Ohrid)
– Persian (Arizona & Dushanbe)
– Polish (Arizona & Poznan)
– Russian (Arizona & Kazan)
– Tajik (Arizona & Dushanbe)
– Uzbek (Arizona & Tashkent)
– Yiddish (Arizona)
TRACK TWO is an 8-week program in Kazan, Russia (June 20 – August 12):
– Russian (200, 300 and 400 levels only)
– Tatar (all levels)
Application deadline: March 1, 2011.
In addition CLI is hiring language instructors for the following languages and levels:
Applications received by December 17, 2010 will have first priority. Thereafter applications will be reviewed weekly until the search is
Application package must include a detailed letter of interest stating qualifications and teaching experience; a CV; and a list of three references. Materials should be sent to email@example.com or mailed to BCS Search Committee, Critical Languages Institute, PO Box 874202, Tempe, AZ, 85287-4202.