UNIVERSITY OF ILLINOIS AT URBANA-CHAMPAIGN
INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS AND STUDIES
European Union Center
12 month 100% position
Primary responsibilities are to execute the programmatic activities of the European Union Center (EUC) in a professionally efficient and effective manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative management of the European Union Center office including representing Director in his/her absence;
- Manage grant execution to comply with University and funding agency guidelines, deadlines, and regulations
- Prepare grant proposals in collaboration with Director;
- Coordinate the activities of program faculty;
- Develop a market for the M.A. in European Union Studies (MAEUS) by fostering relationships with selected UIUC units and educational institutions in the US and EU.
- Collaborate with the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences (LAS) and International Programs & Studies (IPS) on clear procedural MAEUS guidelines covering all activities from review of applications to notification of admission decisions.
- Manage processing of MAEUS applications.
- Advise MAEUS applicants on admission requirements.
- Assist students in identifying research opportunities, financial support, and career opportunities;
- Provide counseling to MAEUS students throughout their enrollment.
- Coordinate seminars, workshops, and conferences.
- Develop and strengthen relations with other European Centers in the U.S.
- Coordinate preparation of publications.
The position reports directly to the Director of the European Union Center, who reports to the Associate Provost for International Affairs who reports to the Provost.
- A Master’s Degree or ABD in an area relevant to international studies and programs;
- International experience, preferably in Europe;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computing skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and desktop publishing software, or similar;
- Administrative experience, project coordination, and proven organizational talents;
- Ability to work harmoniously with faculty, staff, and students from a wide variety of disciplines, and with representatives from national and international institutions;
- Sensitivity to the functioning of an interdisciplinary program within the context of a complex university;
- Ability to work with faculty and government agencies, both in the United States and overseas;
- Ability to assume responsibility and to work independently with minimum guidance;
- Initiative and creativity in program development;
- Knowledge of labor market trends and job search methods for graduate students
- ABD or PhD in an area relevant to international studies and programs
- Working knowledge of one or more European languages other than English
- Experience advising university students;
- Experience collaborating with university faculty;
- Experience building and managing budgets.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
As soon as possible after the closing date.
In order to ensure full consideration, please complete your candidate profile athttp://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three references by June 8, 2010. Interviews may be conducted prior to the closing of the search; no hiring decision will be made until after that date.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
International Programs and Studies
Bryan Endres, Chair
507 E. Green St, Suite 404, MC-417
Champaign, IL 61820
The University of Illinois is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The administration, faculty, and staff embrace diversity and are committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.