Archive for the ‘students’ Category
Emily Coppess and Adam Singerman have been awarded fellowships by the LSA to attend the upcoming LSA Summer Institute at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor. Congratulations!
Rebekah Baglini and Itamar Francez presented at WCCFL 31 recently:
- Rebekah Baglini. Deriving target and resultant states
- Rebekah Baglini and Itamar Francez. The implications of managing
Our alum, Mitcho Erlewine (B.A./M.A. 2007) was there as well!
Several Chicago linguists are presenting at the 39th annual meeting of the Berkeley Linguistics Society. Congratulations to all!
- Dorothea Hoffmann: Mapping words and mapping worlds: Frames of Reference in MalakMalak
- Martina Martinovic: The topic-comment structure in copular sentences: evidence from Wolof
- Chieu Nguyen: Quantification in the left periphery: the duality of universal quantification and contrastive focus in Vietnamese
- Seyda Özçalıskan & Susan Goldin- Meadow: How speaking shapes the native language of gesture in describing motion
Congratulations to Carlos Cisneros for having a co-authored paper published in a journal recently!
Ivano Caponigro, Harold Torrence, Carlos Cisneros. (2013). “Free Relative Clauses in Two Mixtec Languages”. International Jounal of American Linguistics 79(1): 61 – 96.