Scotland’s nuclear military bases at ‘very great’ risk of flooding due to climate change, report finds via The Scotsman

By Ilona Amos

Findings suggest the Royal Navy’s Faslane base on the Clyde may have to be closed down due to the high risk of inundation in coming years and the dangers that could present.

The Trident missile store at Coulport, also on the Clyde, and nuclear submarine scrapyard at Rosyth, on the Forth, are also likely to be affected by flooding due to a combination of rising sea level, higher rainfall and frequent storm surges, the analysis found.

Six further nuclear sites in England are also under threat.

[…]

The report, by Dr Paul Dorfman, a former Ministry of Defence (MoD) advisor and chair of the Nuclear Consulting Group think-tank, concludes “near-term climate change risk to nuclear is very great” and “UK nuclear military installations are on the front-line of climate change”.

The document states: “Present UK coastal military nuclear infrastructure is profoundly vulnerable to flooding from sea level rise, storm intensity and storm surge, with inland nuclear facilities also facing inundation and flooding.”

It warns there is also “significant risk” to stockpiles of military radioactive waste from “climate-drive extreme weather”.

The report points out that previous predictions have under-estimated the magnitude and pace of changes caused by rising world temperatures and claims government safety regulators have been “relatively complacent” about the threats in the past.

[…]

Read more.

Posted in *English.

Tagged with , , .

29 Responses

1. kursi tamu mewah says

artikel yang sangat lembut untuk dibaca terimakasih kakak
    https://profiles.wordpress.org/tempattidurmewah/

2. tukang taman says

Hello there, just turned into alert to your blog through Google, and found that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you should continue this in future. A lot of other folks will be benefited from your writing. Cheers! https://ahlibambu.com

3. Liwovosa says

I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed… 123movie

4. Liwovosa says

Subscribe to Lewabo.com now for inspirational entertainment. Lewabo is an online Christian inspirational movie streaming website. Enjoy Action, Thrillers, Romance, Family drama, Kids, Faith, Suspense, Comedy. An entertainment platform for the whole family. Enjoy hundreds of inspiring and uplifting films, african films, american films, nigerian nollywood films, south african films, christian movies. Lewabo is good content entertainment. Inspirational movies

5. johnyking says

Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! starting a credit card processing business

6. johnyking says

I would like to say that this blog really convinced me to do it! Thanks, very good post. global payments iso program

7. Liwovosa says

This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses. recreational marijuana for sale

8. Liwovosa says

This is a smart blog. I mean it. You have so much knowledge about this issue, and so much passion. You also know how to make people rally behind it, obviously from the responses. how to sell merchant processing

9. ฝาก19รับ100 says

Thank you for joining.

ฝาก19รับ100

10. 10รับ100 says

Thank you for joining our 1st website now.

10รับ100

11. 50รับ150 says

Thank you for joining our website.

50รับ150

12. JOKER GAME says

The best casino sites, you will get rich.

JOKER GAME

13. ฝาก50 รับ150 says

Thank you for joining our website.

ฝาก50 รับ150

14. iPhone repair in Vancouver says

Great post, and great website. Thanks for the information!

15. Liwovosa says

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you’ve always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post. เว็บพนันออนไลน์ ดีที่สุด

16. Liwovosa says

I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work. how to become an iso for credit card processing

17. SEO says

Thank you for such a well written article. It’s full of insightful information and entertaining descriptions. Your point of view is the best among many. online transcription services

18. Liwovosa says

thanks for this usefull article, waiting for this article like this again. France Lotto Results Today

19. link says

The article looks magnificent, but it would be beneficial if you can share more about the suchlike subjects in the future. Keep posting. North American Bancard ISO Program

20. Liwovosa says

Thanks so much for this information. I have to let you know I concur on several of the points you make here and others may require some further review, but I can see your viewpoint. 토토사이트 쇼미더벳

21. Liwovosa says

Outstanding article! I want people to know just how good this information is in your article. Your views are much like my own concerning this subject. I will visit daily your blog because I know. It may be very beneficial for me. น้ําเต้าปูปลา

22. Liwovosa says

I really like your writing style, great information, thankyou for posting. Tamildhool

23. Liwovosa says

Awesome article! I want people to know just how good this information is in your article. It’s interesting, compelling content. Your views are much like my own concerning this subject. cbd gummies near me

24. Liwovosa says

Friend, this web site might be fabolous, i just like it. 토토사이트

25. Liwovosa says

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return. sadeempc

26. Liwovosa says

Awesome article! I want people to know just how good this information is in your article. It’s interesting, compelling content. Your views are much like my own concerning this subject. แทงบอลเว็บตรงไม่ผ่านเอเยนต์

27. seo servise says

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. voyance telephone

28. basit khatri66 says

The appearance positively wonderful. All of these miniature info are fashioned utilizing massive amount historical past experience. I want it all significantly seo pittsburgh