US military’s ‘lost nuke’ may have finally been found after 66yrs via RT

A Canadian diver may have just found a bomb lost by the US Air Force in 1950 on the ocean floor off the west coast of Canada.

Sean Smyrichinsky was diving for sea cucumbers near Haida Gwaii when he found a strange object on the seabed.

I got a little far from my boat and I found something that I’d never ever seen before,” Smyrichinsky told CBC News. “It resembled a bagel cut in half, and then around the bagel these bowls [were] moulded into it.

“I came out from the dive and I came up and I started telling my crew, ‘My god, I found a UFO. I found the strangest thing I’d ever seen!’

The Canadian Armed Forces confirmed the site does match the possible location of the ‘lost nuke’, which was onboard a US Airforce Bomber B-36 when it crashed during a secret training flight from Alaska to Texas.

When the massive aircraft’s engines failed, crew decided to jettison the bomb into water before setting the plane to autopilot and parachuting to safety, leaving the plane to crash into a remote location in the coastal mountains of British Columbia.

Five crew died in the incident and 12 others were rescued. Although the wreckage was found four years later, the dummy Mark IV bomb was never located.

Continue reading at US military’s ‘lost nuke’ may have finally been found after 66yrs 

This entry was posted in *English and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.