Japan’s Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Disaster Syndrome: An Unprecedented Form of Catastrophe via Japan Focus

A Mass Media that Reports Neither Facts nor Predictions
When I finished writing Nuclear Power Plant Time Bomb, I was hoping deep inside that my assertion that a genpatsu shinsai syndrome was possible would prove to be a mistake. I was praying that nuclear power would be abolished, and the things that I had written would not come to pass. At the same time I resolved within myself that if things did occur as I had described, I would say nothing further.

However, even though now that the genpatsu shinsai syndrome has actually occurred, the people of Japan seem not to have grasped the nature of the crisis. Unbelievably, though anyone who looks can see that the situation is getting worse day by day, television and the other media keep repeating “there is no crisis”, “There’s nothing to worry about” over and over, and show no inclination to report the critical nature of what is happening at Fukushima Daiichi. The obfuscations such as those I mentioned above, “The tsunami was beyond our expectation”, “Such small amounts of radiation have no effect on health”, and other statements by government people that obscure the dangers of exposure to radiation step outside the realm of the permissible.

Continue reading at Japan’s Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Disaster Syndrome: An Unprecedented Form of Catastrophe

This entry was posted in *English and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.