UChicago’s Cultural Policy Center Fall Workshop Series
The Cultural Policy Center at the University of Chicago’s Harris School just announced its fall workshop series, which will consider various aspects of “Publishing and Libraries” throughout the quarter. All lectures will take place in the Harris School, room 289B, and are free and open to the public, with no RSVP required.
The first lecture will take place on Tuesday, October 8:
The Mediated Book: eBooks and the Digital Library
Tuesday, October 8, 12–1:20pm
Randal C. Picker “will look at the intersection of law and technological change first for the individual book and then for collections of books.”
Subsequent workshops will cover topics such as:
- Teens, Digital Media, and the Chicago Public Library (10/15)
- Après la Révolution: Publishing in the Post-Digital World (10/22)
- The Human Knowledge Project (10/29)
- Books, Libraries, and the Changing Digital Landscape (11/12)
- Making Cents of Art (11/21)
For more information, check out the Cultural Policy Center’s Events.