Welcome Arts and Environment Friends!

A very warm welcome to the crowd from Making Connections: Arts and the Environment!  Please do feel free to use this blog and our listserv to continue your networking!  You can add comments to this post, or , if you would prefer, send a post to Bart Schultz (at rschultz@uchicago.edu) to put up on this blog.

6 Responses to “Welcome Arts and Environment Friends!”

1. on 15 Sep 2008 at 4:32 pm Madiem Kawa

Washington Park

Celebrate Autumn by Connecting with Nature
    September 20, 2008
    Nature Area Volunteer Work Day
    9am until Noon
    (come when you can)

Meet in the parking lot of the field house
    5531 S. Martin Luther King Drive
    tools, gloves & refreshments are included but bring a friend
    Contact the site steward: Madiem @ 773-203-3418

2. on 16 Sep 2008 at 5:42 am Bart Schultz

P.S.–It was great meeting so many of you at the Notebaert Nature Museum event! As I mentioned to the folks at my table, the Civic Knowledge Project’s Partnering for a Sustainable Chicago network and the Washington Park Conservancy are hosting a major “Tree In” at the Park on Sat., Oct. 18th, from 11-1. I am especially interested in following up with artists and environmentalists doing tree art and advocacy. We would like to feature lots of ways to raising awareness about the importance of trees in urban environments. Thanks, Bart

3. on 16 Sep 2008 at 12:39 pm Christine Dunford

Thanks to everyone who helped make the September 4 Making Connections: Arts and Environment a great event! I enjoyed the opportunity to view the Notebaert’s Lawn Nation exhibit, I found the presentations inspiring, and I really appreciated the opportunity to say hello to old friends…and meet many more new ones. What I was most struck by, however, was the number of people interested in the event! We expected 60, maybe 80 responses, but within just a few weeks we had over 170 RSVPs! I think this says something. I think it says that there is tremendous potential for developing mutually benefitial relationships between artists and environmentalists interested to creat a just and sustainable Chicago region! I hope that the Sept. 4 meeting was the first in a series of gatherings! Special thanks to Bart Schultz for organizing this networking site, and for all that he does to build connections! Christine Dunford

4. on 17 Sep 2008 at 1:34 pm Christine Dunford

Thank you, Bart, for continuing to do all that you do to promote connections! I thought the Making Connections: Arts and Environment gathering on September 4th at the Notebaert Nature Museum was a great event. I enjoyed the opportunity to view Notebaert’s amazing LAWN NATION exhibit, I found the presentations inspiring, and I appreciated talking with old friends and meeting many more new ones. Most of all, however, I was stuck by the number of folks who wanted to participate. I think we expected 60 or maybe 80 responses, but within just a few weeks we had over 170 RSVPs! I think this says something…At the very least, I think this says that there is tremendous desire for more opportunities to explore and promote partnerships between artists and environmentalists in order to create a more just and sustainable region. I hope that the Sept. 4 event sets a foundation for more gatherings in the future!

5. on 17 Sep 2008 at 2:56 pm Bart Schultz

Thank you, Bart, for continuing to do all that you do to promote connections! I thought the Making Connections: Arts and Environment gathering on September 4th at the Notebaert Nature Museum was a great event. I enjoyed the opportunity to view Notebaert’s amazing LAWN NATION exhibit, I found the presentations inspiring, and I appreciated talking with old friends and meeting many more new ones. Most of all, however, I was stuck by the number of folks who wanted to participate. I think we expected 60 or maybe 80 responses, but within just a few weeks we had over 170 RSVPs! I think this says something…At the very least, I think this says that there is tremendous desire for more opportunities to explore and promote partnerships between artists and environmentalists in order to create a more just and sustainable region. I hope that the Sept. 4 event sets a foundation for more gatherings in the future! Christine Dunford, Field Museum

6. on 22 Sep 2008 at 11:32 am Bart Schultz

P.S.–If anyone is having trouble leaving a comment or posting on this blog, please do contact me directly at rschultz@uchicago.edu and I will submit/post for you! Best, Bart

Trackback URI | Comments RSS