WICL 2 Call for Papers
The 2nd Workshop on Innovations in Cantonese Linguistics (WICL 2) will take place on March 7, 2014, at the University of Chicago, U.S.A. The workshop focuses on new advances in Cantonese Linguistics, including innovations in methodologies, tools, and/or computing software. New approaches and research on language variation within the Cantonese (or “Yue”) subgroup of the Chinese language family, language contact phenomena, and new subfields and their interfaces are especially welcome.
- Marjorie Chan (The Ohio State University)
- Elaine Francis (Purdue University)
- Benjamin Munson (University of Minnesota)
- Patrick Wong (Chinese University of Hong Kong)
WICL2 will meet in conjunction with the 2nd East Asian Psycholinguistics Colloquium (EAPC 2), to be held on March 8 at the University of Chicago. We encourage attendees of WICL2 to attend the EAPC 2 as well.
Abstracts must following the guidelines below:
- Abstracts are limited to two single-spaced pages. Data and examples must be given within the body of the text rather than at the end. All texts should fit within a letter-size or A4 page, 12-point font with 1-inch margin all around.
- Abstract submission is by email-attachment only. Save your abstract as a pdf file. (Documents in other formats must be converted before submission.) Name your abstract with your last name followed by the suffix pdf (e.g., smith.pdf). Send your abstract to: email@example.com. The subject line of the email should be “WICL2 Submission”.
- Abstract selection is based on anonymous review. Please leave your name and affiliation out of the abstract. In your email, however, please make sure to include the following information:
- Title of your paper
- Your full name (capitalize your last name)
- Affiliation (department and university)
- Preferred mailing address (where acceptance letters, if needed in hard copy, should be sent)
- Your telephone number and email address
Submission deadline: December 15, 2013
Notification of acceptance: January 15, 2013