Songs suitable for the Week Seven feeling of autumn melting away without you having realized it:
- Blue in Green, Miles Davis (For obvious)
- Young Pilgrims, The Shins (For Cold Wet November Dawns)
- Summer Song, Ella Fitzgerald (For sad)
- My Cosmic Autumn Rebellion (The Inner Life As Blazing Shield Of Defiance And Optimism As Celestial Spear Of Action), The Flaming Lips (For Creeping Back from the Edge)
- Faster, Janelle Monae (For your new Relationship with the University of Chicago ["am I a freak, or just another weirdo?"] The year goes fasterfasteRfastERfasTERfaSTERfASTERFASTERFASTER)
- Summer Wind, Frank Sinatra (For remembering, in January, that a thing called “summer” exists)
- Lost in the World, Kanye West feat. Bon Iver (For when you think you just want to go to sleep and then you drink another pot of coffee)
Bonus Track: Nothing But a Heartache (Every Day), because f*ck it. When life gets hard, put on your giant orange bellbottoms and go sing in an abandoned castle you crazy Brits.
You know what to do, MAPH. 3.5 weeks to go.