Mentor Office Hours by appointment this Friday 9-5. Email us to schedule! Be sure to register for classes.
I) Highlighted MAPH Events you need to know about:
- Graduate Orientation (Tuesday, various times/locations: check syllabus)
- A full day of festivities kicks off at 8:30-10:00 with FREE HUMANITIES DIVISION BREAKFAST on CLASSICS QUAD
- All of the events will be really nice welcome to the University and an opportunity to meet students from different programs
- Also an chance to get ALL of the logistical information you will need about a range of topics–from Student Health to Transportation. There will also, apparently, be circus acts.
- Free food throughout the day and drinks at a reception in Ida Noyes the afternoon
- Smart Museum Tour (Wednesday)
- We’ll meet at MAPHCentral at 10:15 or at 10:30 in the Smart Museum Lobby
- Smart Museum staff will give us a “highlights of the collection” tour. It’s a fantastic museum right in our front yard (and currently employs three MAPH alums)
- FIRST SOCIAL COMMITTEE MEETING (Friday, 4:00 PM Jimmy’s Woodlawn Tap)
- The first Social Committee meeting will be at 4:00 PM at Jimmy’s on Friday
- Plan the entire quarter’s worth of social events paid for by the Humanities Division Graduate Student Council (HDGSC….don’t ask us to repeat that acronym ever again)
II) Miscellaneous stuff you should know about
- At AfterMAPH, you’ll find a great response to Nick Fox’s piece last week. It’s from MAPH alum Eric McMillan, a former captain in the US Army.
- Remember that sitting in on classes is allowed. It just doesn’t go on your transcript.
- Cut Copy is playing tonight at the Riviera. Get your dance on.
- The Apartment is playing tonight at the Siskel. Get your laugh on.
III) The Saddest thing About the End of Summer is: No More Fishing
As always, email us (email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com) with any questions or requests that you have. We’re always happy to schedule appointments at MAPHCentral as well if you’d like to talk one-on-one.