The goal of awarding a scholarship funded by Polish Language School GLOSSA is to popularize the broad scope of Polish culture and language. In addition, it will give students an opportunity to participate in the Summer School of Polish Language and Culture, and thereby allow them to improve their language skills and become more familiar with Polish culture and history.
The contest is an annual event announced in the fall of each academic year. It debuted in 2006 and for the first three years it was organized exclusively for students and graduates of higher education institutions. Due to its high popularity and participation among those interested in Polish culture and language, Polish Language School GLOSSA has decided to open the contest to all interested in Poland (ages 16 and older).
The authors of the two best essays will be rewarded with the following scholarship:
1. two-week intensive Polish language course (40 lessons total) which will take place during the Summer School of Polish Language and Culture
2. accommodation with a Polish host family or in a shared flat
The two-week intensive Polish language course must be completed in July or August of 2012, and cannot be postponed to another time. Scholarships cannot be exchanged for their equivalent monetary value.
The jury will also select 5 essays of honorable mention whose authors will receive a book as reward for their entry.
Prize winners will be listed on the Polish Language School GLOSSA’s website as well.
The topic is “Poland and I”
1. Essay entries should be between 2 and 4 (A4) pages in length
2. Entries must be written in either Polish or English
3. Writing style and layout are at author’s discretion and will not be evaluated in final selection of scholarship winners
All participants must:
1. Be 16 years of age or older
2. Register by completing our online application
3. Submit entries by May 31, 2012 (entries must be submitted directly onto GLOSSA’s server after logging into the account which is created at the time of registration)
Attention: All entries must be submitted in electronic form (doc, pdf, or rtf file format). Entries received in any other format or by post will be disqualified. Entries should be submitted only after logging onto GLOSSA’s website.
All entries will be evaluated by a specially organized jury of Polish language teachers from GLOSSA. Ranking of entries will be based on the following criteria: inventiveness, creativity, originality, and overall presentation.
Contest results will be posted on the GLOSSA’s website within 30 days of the contest’s end.
Please click here to register.
For more information please contact us:
email@example.com or +48 12 429 40 51.