1) ALTERNATIVE SPRING BREAK IN RUSSIA – Application Deadline October 15, 2011
In Vladimir – Help fix-up the Vladimir Youth Health and Education Center (VYHEC), work with at-risk Russian children, teenagers, and handicapped children, participate in youth club activities. In Murom – Work with Russian law students at the Murom Institute to improve their English skills, participate in mock trials, and share your personal understanding of Western legal systems.
2) INTENSIVE RUSSIAN PROGRAM – 25-30% discounts for those participating in small groups of people with similar language skills.
Program costs: one-to-one instruction group instruction (3+ people)
4 weeks $3,436 $2,248
6 weeks $4,625 $3,047
8 weeks $5,815 $3,869
The benefits of the American Home’s long-standing Intensive Russian Program – the main program offers one-to-one instruction to each participant – will be provided to group participants:
· experienced faculty specializing in teaching Russian to non-native speakers;
· program customized to the needs of each group of students;
· flexible scheduling;
· individual home-stay with a Russian family;
· “Russian friend-conversation partner” program;
· on-site administrative support;
· well-equipped classrooms in a comfortable, home-like, atmosphere;
· excursions in Vladimir and to Suzdal (a UNESCO World Heritage site) and Bogoliubovo;
· opportunities to meet and socialize with some of the more than 400 Russians participating in the American Home English Program and others;
· opportunities to participate in a variety of activities—for example, volunteering at an orphanage
We hope to make the Intensive Russian Program more accessible to a broader audience and provide professors and teachers opportunities to send entire groups to Vladimir for intensive customized instruction in the Russian language.
3) TEACHING POSITIONS – American English Program
Applications for teaching positions for the 2012-2013 academic year in the American English Program are due March 1, 2012.
If you have questions about the American Home’s Intensive Russian, Alternative Spring Break, American English Programs or any other aspect of the American Home’s work, please do not hesitate to contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information about the American Home, please visit www.serendipity-russia.com.