Full-Time Russian and English Instructor, Houston, TX.
TechTrans International, Inc. provides its clients a variety of language and travel logistics services such as language instruction, interpretation, translation, and travel coordination. Our home office is located in the Clear Lake area of Houston, TX. We are seeking a full-time Language Instructor of Russian and English. The instructor will provide classroom instruction to adult students of Russian and English at all levels. The potential candidate should have the following qualifications:
* Native or near-native fluency in both Russian and English.
* At least a Master of Arts degree in Russian or English (Ph.D. highly preferred) with an emphasis on language instruction from an accredited university in the United States; or the equivalent degree from any foreign university that has been evaluated by an accrediting institution; or equivalent relevant education.
* A demonstrated high level of interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues in an often fast-paced environment.
* Minimum experience of two years in foreign language instruction in either an academic or corporate setting.
* The ability to teach Russian and English to highly motivated adult students at all levels.
* Knowledge of and experience in task-based and content-based foreign language instruction and familiarity with oral proficiency testing.
* The ability to manage a weekly teaching load of approximately 25 hours of contact time (sometimes more, sometimes less).
* The ability to develop and experience in developing instructional materials tailored to meet unique student needs in a variety of non-traditional content areas (e.g. aerospace, technical, medical).
* A proven knowledge of word processing and presentation software applications (MSWord, PowerPoint)
* The ability to provide instruction in additional languages is highly desirable.
Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident. Employment will be in the Houston, TX metropolitan area; local candidates are especially encouraged to apply. Please complete our on-line application at www.tti-corp.com, select the “Careers” tab and click on “Career Opportunities” to complete an application. Please also send a resume to EHogan@tti-corp.com, highlighting the ability to meet the qualifications outlined above, as well as any language fluency beyond Russian and English. EEO/AAP/M/F/D/V – EVerify