CLI courses are tuition free. Full and partial fellowships are available for most languages.
CLI offers two tracks:
TRACK ONE is an 8+3 hybrid program: 8-weeks on the ASU Main Campus with an optional 3-week overseas continuation course (May 31-July 23 at ASU, July 25 – August 12 overseas):
- Albanian (Arizona & Tirana)
- Armenian (Arizona & Yerevan)
- Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian (Arizona & Sarajevo)
- Farsi (Arizona & Dushanbe)
- Hebrew (Arizona)
- Macedonian (Arizona & Ohrid)
- Persian (Arizona & Dushanbe)
- Polish (Arizona & Poznan)
- Russian (Arizona & Kazan)
- Tajik (Arizona & Dushanbe)
- Uzbek (Arizona & Tashkent)
- Yiddish (Arizona)
TRACK TWO is an 8-week program in Kazan, Russia (June 20 – August 12):
- Russian (200, 300 and 400 levels only)
- Tatar (all levels)
Application deadline: March 1, 2011.
In addition CLI is hiring language instructors for the following languages and levels:
Applications received by December 17, 2010 will have first priority. Thereafter applications will be reviewed weekly until the search is
Application package must include a detailed letter of interest stating qualifications and teaching experience; a CV; and a list of three references. Materials should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to BCS Search Committee, Critical Languages Institute, PO Box 874202, Tempe, AZ, 85287-4202.