The Alfa Fellowship Program is a high-level professional development exchange program placing qualified young professionals in work assignments at leading organizations in Russia in the fields of business, economics, journalism, law, and public policy. The program accepts 10 American citizens and 5 British citizens per year. Key goals of the Alfa Fellowship Program are expanding networks of American, British and Russian professionals, developing greater intercultural understanding, and advancing US/Russian and British/Russian relations.
The program includes language training, seminar programs, and extended professional experience. Fellows receive travel, free housing, monthly stipends, and insurance.
Drawing upon extensive contacts throughout industry, media, government, and nonprofit institutions in Russia, the Alfa Fellowship Program works together with participants to identify suitable professional assignments at leading Russian institutions in business, media, and civil society. The Alfa Fellowship Program endeavors to secure positions that meet the interests of both the participants and host institutions. Fellows’ progress is closely monitored by the Center for International Fellowships in Moscow.
In addition to individualized professional assignments, the Alfa Fellowship Program includes:
* Four-month Russian language tutoring program in the U.S.
* Four-month intensive Russian language course in Moscow
* Orientation seminar in Washington, D.C., with accommodation and roundtrip travel included
* Housing in Moscow for the duration of the program
* Monthly stipend
* Limited international health, accident, and liability insurance
* Moscow seminar program
* Three regional excursions throughout Russia and one in a neighboring country
December 1, 2009 for the 2010-2011 program year.
For more information, visit: http://www.cdsintl.org/fellowshipsabroad/alfa.php