The recipient of the Pulitzer Prize in 1991 and most major honors given to composers in the U.S, Shulamit Ran’s compositions have been performed by the major orchestras and ensembles in the U.S. and across the globe. Ran served as Music Director of “Tempus Fugit”, the International Biennial for Contemporary Music in Israel in 1996, 1998 and 2000. Since 2002 she is Artistic Director of Contempo (Contemporary Chamber Players of the University of Chicago). Her first opera was Between Two Worlds (The Dybbuk) and, among her recent compositions, is Credo/Ani Ma’amin, for Twelve Voices (2006). Shulamit Ran is Andrew MacLeish Distinguished Service Professor of Music
- Forward article by College intern Doni Bloomfield on Jews in prison
- Internships "life-changing" for undergraduates
- Joyce Zeger Greenberg establishes a new visiting professorship in Jewish Studies
- Congratulations to Dory Fox and Jonathon Catlin, winners of the Fourth Annual Undergraduate Essay Competition
- JOURNAL: Makom Issue No. 4, Download PDF
- Jonathon Catlin receives award from Jewish Theological Seminary
- Congratulations to Research/Travel Grant Award recipients, Jessica Andruss, Joshua Connor, Yaqub Hilal, Ruchama Johnston-Bloom, Tracey Jones, and Alexandra Zirkle
- Congratulations Michael A. Figueroa, Recipient 2012 Targum Shlishi Grant for Dissertation in Jewish Studies
- Haaretz: "Family, lies and videotape: Guy Ben-Ner's meteoric rise to fame"
- Haaretz: Sayed Kashua on his visit to Chicago
- AUDIO: Sayed Kashua, "Second Person Singular" March 5, 2013
- AUDIO: Eyal Chowers "Violence and the Hebrew Language: Israel's Inner-struggles"
- AUDIO: Sander Gilman, "Smart Jews and Science: The Science of 'Smartiness' and Jews"
- JOURNAL: Makom Issue No. 3, Download PDF
- Student publishes opinion piece in Haaretz
- Chicago Maroon on Israeli author Ronit Matalon
- VIDEO: David Grossman at the Chicago Humanities Festival
- VIDEO: Etgar Keret and Nathan Englander
- AUDIO: Matthew Suriano "Death in the Kingdom of Judah"
- AUDIO: Alvin Rosenfeld, The Gossett Lecture
- AUDIO: Nili Sacher Fox, "Fashion vs. Ideology"
- NEWS: On Stephen Durchslag. "Why is one haggadah different from all others?" – Haaretz Daily Newspaper
- AUDIO: Marc Michael Epstein, "Birds' Head Revisited"
- Conference: Hypocrisy and Dissimulation in Judaism, Christianity and Islam
- Director Stern in China
- The Arts of Jewish Memory Symposium Feb 25
- New Budapest Orpheum Society Tour in North Germany