Judith Nadler is Director of the University Library and University Librarian. An alumna of the University of Jerusalem, Israel, she held numerous positions in the Library prior to becoming Director in 1995. Among her positions, she continues to serve as chief selector for the Library’s Judaica Collections with special emphasis on modern Hebrew, Israel-related materials, and Yiddish. Over the years she has also raised much of the funding to build these collections. Nationally and internationally known for her expertise as a cataloguer and bibliographer, Nadler has served on numerous committees and working groups, among them the Library of Congress’ Working Group on the Future of Bibliographic Control which has issued recommendations on ways U.S. library resources could be made more accessible to researchers in the 21st century.
- Forward article by College intern Doni Bloomfield on Jews in prison
- Internships "life-changing" for undergraduates
- Joyce Zeger Greenberg establishes a new visiting professorship in Jewish Studies
- Congratulations to Dory Fox and Jonathon Catlin, winners of the Fourth Annual Undergraduate Essay Competition
- JOURNAL: Makom Issue No. 4, Download PDF
- Jonathon Catlin receives award from Jewish Theological Seminary
- Congratulations to Research/Travel Grant Award recipients, Jessica Andruss, Joshua Connor, Yaqub Hilal, Ruchama Johnston-Bloom, Tracey Jones, and Alexandra Zirkle
- Congratulations Michael A. Figueroa, Recipient 2012 Targum Shlishi Grant for Dissertation in Jewish Studies
- Haaretz: "Family, lies and videotape: Guy Ben-Ner's meteoric rise to fame"
- Haaretz: Sayed Kashua on his visit to Chicago
- AUDIO: Sayed Kashua, "Second Person Singular" March 5, 2013
- AUDIO: Eyal Chowers "Violence and the Hebrew Language: Israel's Inner-struggles"
- AUDIO: Sander Gilman, "Smart Jews and Science: The Science of 'Smartiness' and Jews"
- JOURNAL: Makom Issue No. 3, Download PDF
- Student publishes opinion piece in Haaretz
- Chicago Maroon on Israeli author Ronit Matalon
- VIDEO: David Grossman at the Chicago Humanities Festival
- VIDEO: Etgar Keret and Nathan Englander
- AUDIO: Matthew Suriano "Death in the Kingdom of Judah"
- AUDIO: Alvin Rosenfeld, The Gossett Lecture
- AUDIO: Nili Sacher Fox, "Fashion vs. Ideology"
- NEWS: On Stephen Durchslag. "Why is one haggadah different from all others?" – Haaretz Daily Newspaper
- AUDIO: Marc Michael Epstein, "Birds' Head Revisited"
- Conference: Hypocrisy and Dissimulation in Judaism, Christianity and Islam
- Director Stern in China
- The Arts of Jewish Memory Symposium Feb 25
- New Budapest Orpheum Society Tour in North Germany