QP defense mania
As the Spring quarter comes to a close, we celebrate the many successfully defended QPs. Here’s the honor roll:
- Max Bane: Modeling the Typology of Quantity-Insensitive Stress Systems.
- Tommy Grano: At the intersection of form, meaning and use: Being assertive in Mandarin Chinese.
- Arum Kang: On the plurality of the Extrinsic Plural Marker -TUL in Korean.
- Yaron McNabb: Hebrew Coordinated Relative Clauses as a Window into the Nature of Resumption and Movement.
- Nassira Nicola: Dire N’IMPORTE-Q”: Identifying a free choice item in Quebec Sign Language.
- Catherine Chatzopoulos: Negative Concord in Attic Greek.
- James Kirby: Comparative-induced event measure relations in English and Vietnamese.
- Osamu Sawada: The Historical Syntax of Japanese Comparatives.
- Eleni Staraki: Turkish Loanwords in Modern Greek: A Psycholinguistic Approach.
- Chris Straughn: The Development and Use of the Uzbek Complementizer.
Congratulations also to Jackie Bunting for successfully defending her dissertation proposal titled From English to Sranan: An Assessment of Structural Similarities and Differences. Good job, Jackie.