MARK COLVIN: The international nuclear watchdog is inspecting one of India’s main reactors after a series of leaks that exposed workers to dangerous levels of radiation.
Dozens of employees at the Rajasthan Atomic Power Plant were exposed during two serious breaches earlier this year.
The country’s auditor-general says that India is just one slip away from a disaster of Chernobyl-like proportions.
South Asia correspondent Michael Edwards has this report.
MICHAEL EDWARDS: The Rajasthan reactor is one of India’s main nuclear plants. Recently though it’s been plagued by problems. In June, 38 workers were exposed to radiation during maintenance work on a coolant channel.
Then in July, four more workers received a dangerous dose of radiation when they were repairing a faulty seal on a pipe.
India’s government has called on the International Atomic Energy Agency to carry out an inspection of the plant. It’s the first it has done this but anti-nuclear activists are sceptical.
PK Sundaram is from the Coalition for Nuclear Disarmament and Peace
Continue reading at Safety concerns for India’s nuclear energy industry
Choose Language / 言語
Updates / 最新記事
- 内閣府チェルノブイリ視察 支援法理念、報告書で否定 原発推進派に配布via 毎日新聞(とある原発の溶融貫通(メルトスルー))
- Japan may set up UK-style decommission agency for Fukushima plant via The Asahi Shimbun
- Lower radiation readings proposed to speed return of Fukushima evacuees via The Asahi Shimbun
- Secrecy Bill Could Distance Japan From Its Postwar Pacifism via The New York Times
- 【ため池の土砂】早急に除染対策を（１２月６日）via 福島民
- 福島第一原発作業員、危険作業は5次下請け 3日で線量オーバーでポイ捨て via dot.
- 「埋設保管土壌の回収」公開 郡山で回収作業実証実験 via 福島民友
- Settled in New York, but Still Within Chernobyl’s Reach via The New York Times
- Ebb in Uranium Enrichment in U.S. Raises Questions About Nuclear Policy via The New York Times
- Part of Radioactive Cargo Stolen in Mexico Is Recovered via The New York Times
Archives / 月別アーカイブ
- December 2013 (34)
- November 2013 (164)
- October 2013 (200)
- September 2013 (255)
- August 2013 (198)
- July 2013 (208)
- June 2013 (231)
- May 2013 (174)
- April 2013 (156)
- March 2013 (199)
- February 2013 (191)
- January 2013 (173)
- December 2012 (92)
- November 2012 (198)
- October 2012 (229)
- September 2012 (207)
- August 2012 (255)
- July 2012 (347)
- June 2012 (231)
- May 2012 (168)
- April 2012 (116)
- March 2012 (150)
- February 2012 (198)
- January 2012 (292)
- December 2011 (251)
- November 2011 (252)
- October 2011 (364)
- September 2011 (288)
- August 2011 (513)
- July 2011 (592)
- June 2011 (253)
- May 2011 (251)
- April 2011 (571)
- March 2011 (494)
- February 2011 (1)
- December 2010 (1)
By Topic / トピック一覧
anti-nuclear energy movement Atomic Age Capitalism East Japan Earthquake + Fukushima energy policy EU food France health Hiroshima/Nagasaki IAEA India Inequality labor NRC nuclear waste Nuclear Weapons Radiation exposure Russia/Ukraine/Chernobyl TEPCO U.S. UK エネルギー政策 メディア ロシア/ウクライナ/チェルノブイリ 上関 健康 公正・共生 兵器 再稼働 労働における公正・平等 原発推進 反原発運動 大飯原発 女性・フェミニズム 広島・長崎 教育 東京電力 東日本大震災・福島原発 汚染水 米国 脱原発 被ばく 資本主義 除染