Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) said the 57-year-old man suffered a cardiac arrest on Wednesday while working on the installation of a tank to store contaminated water.
He arrived at the nuclear plant at 5:35 a.m. and started work around 9 a.m., TEPCO officials said.
He informed his superiors that he was feeling unwell and was taken off duty and told to lie down and rest 50 minutes later. At around 10:35 a.m., he was found unconscious and was taken to a hospital in nearby Iwaki. He was confirmed dead by hospital doctors, company spokesman Jun Oshima said, adding it was not believed radiation from the broken reactors had played a part.
“As far as we know, he is the fifth person to have died after falling sick during work at the plant since the accident,” Oshima said.
“It doesn’t seem that there was a causal link between his death and radiation because he died of a heart attack,” he said.
The man was an employee at a subcontractor for Hitachi-GE Nuclear Energy Ltd. He began working at the Fukushima plant in August last year.
The cumulative radiation dose the worker received was measured at 25.24 millisieverts, Oshima said.
Choose Language / 言語
Updates / 最新記事
- ２号機海側、地下水が高濃度汚染＝トリチウムなど検出—東電福島第１via ウォール・ストリート・ジャーナル
- GOP bill would feed new funding to stalled Yucca Mountain project via the Las Vegas Sun
- 原発の活用は経済成長につながるか・金子勝 via 報道するラジオ
- 【6/19】緊急提言「原発再稼働を3年間凍結し、原子力災害を二度と起こさない体系的政策を構築せよ」に関する記者会見のお知らせ via 原子力市民委員会
- 「原発事故で死者なし」高市氏 発言を釈明「話が下手だった」via スポニチアネックス
- Kids learn science at nuclear power plant via Asbury Park Press
- Obama, Putin find agreement on nuclear weapons via The Washington Times
- Government secretly backtracks on Fukushima decontamination goal via The Asahi Shimbun
- Kan hits Abe’s nuclear salesmanship via The Japan Times
- Kepco’s MOX load to arrive June 27 via The Japan Times
Archives / 月別アーカイブ
- June 2013 (135)
- May 2013 (175)
- April 2013 (156)
- March 2013 (199)
- February 2013 (191)
- January 2013 (173)
- December 2012 (92)
- November 2012 (198)
- October 2012 (229)
- September 2012 (207)
- August 2012 (255)
- July 2012 (347)
- June 2012 (231)
- May 2012 (168)
- April 2012 (116)
- March 2012 (150)
- February 2012 (198)
- January 2012 (292)
- December 2011 (251)
- November 2011 (252)
- October 2011 (364)
- September 2011 (288)
- August 2011 (513)
- July 2011 (592)
- June 2011 (253)
- May 2011 (251)
- April 2011 (571)
- March 2011 (494)
- February 2011 (1)
- December 2010 (1)
By Topic / トピック一覧
anti-nuclear energy movement Atomic Age Capitalism East Japan Earthquake + Fukushima energy policy EU food France health Hiroshima/Nagasaki IAEA India Inequality labor NRC nuclear waste Nuclear Weapons Radiation exposure restart Russia/Ukraine/Chernobyl TEPCO U.S. UK エネルギー政策 メディア ヨーロッパ ロシア/ウクライナ/チェルノブイリ 上関 健康 公正・共生 兵器 再稼働 労働における公正・平等 原発推進 反原発運動 大飯原発 女性・フェミニズム 広島・長崎 教育 東京電力 東日本大震災・福島原発 米国 脱原発 被ばく 資本主義