Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO) said the 57-year-old man suffered a cardiac arrest on Wednesday while working on the installation of a tank to store contaminated water.
He arrived at the nuclear plant at 5:35 a.m. and started work around 9 a.m., TEPCO officials said.
He informed his superiors that he was feeling unwell and was taken off duty and told to lie down and rest 50 minutes later. At around 10:35 a.m., he was found unconscious and was taken to a hospital in nearby Iwaki. He was confirmed dead by hospital doctors, company spokesman Jun Oshima said, adding it was not believed radiation from the broken reactors had played a part.
“As far as we know, he is the fifth person to have died after falling sick during work at the plant since the accident,” Oshima said.
“It doesn’t seem that there was a causal link between his death and radiation because he died of a heart attack,” he said.
The man was an employee at a subcontractor for Hitachi-GE Nuclear Energy Ltd. He began working at the Fukushima plant in August last year.
The cumulative radiation dose the worker received was measured at 25.24 millisieverts, Oshima said.
Choose Language / 言語
Updates / 最新記事
- 台湾:原発建設中止の大規模デモ 台北に数万人 via 毎日jp
- Radioactive goldfish found in Ohio nuclear plant via Russia Today
- 「民間提言」に経産省が関与 原発の再稼働や輸出求める via 朝日新聞
- ３号貯水槽から移送開始 ８４００トン、地上タンクへ via msn.産経ニュース
- Senators voice MOX support via The Aiken Standard
- Bad Radioactive Waste Bill Increases Threats to Texas While Rewarding a Major Perry Donor via The Gilmer Mirror
- Hanford waste moved across town with parade permit via King5.com
- EDF Slumps After Nuclear Price Concerns Trigger Stock Downgrade via Bloomberg Businessweek
- 市民の放射能検査に貢献 伏見の測定所、開設１年 via 京都新聞
- Torness Nuclear power station back open to public via scotsman
Archives / 月別アーカイブ
- May 2013 (104)
- April 2013 (156)
- March 2013 (199)
- February 2013 (191)
- January 2013 (173)
- December 2012 (92)
- November 2012 (198)
- October 2012 (229)
- September 2012 (207)
- August 2012 (255)
- July 2012 (347)
- June 2012 (231)
- May 2012 (168)
- April 2012 (116)
- March 2012 (150)
- February 2012 (198)
- January 2012 (292)
- December 2011 (251)
- November 2011 (252)
- October 2011 (364)
- September 2011 (288)
- August 2011 (513)
- July 2011 (592)
- June 2011 (253)
- May 2011 (251)
- April 2011 (571)
- March 2011 (494)
- February 2011 (1)
- December 2010 (1)
By Topic / トピック一覧
anti-nuclear energy movement Atomic Age Capitalism East Japan Earthquake + Fukushima energy policy EU food France health Hiroshima/Nagasaki IAEA India Inequality labor nuclear waste Nuclear Weapons Oi Radiation exposure restart Russia/Ukraine/Chernobyl TEPCO U.S. UK エネルギー政策 メディア ヨーロッパ ロシア/ウクライナ/チェルノブイリ 上関 健康 公正・共生 兵器 再稼働 労働における公正・平等 原発推進 反原発運動 大飯原発 女性・フェミニズム 広島・長崎 教育 東京電力 東日本大震災・福島原発 米国 脱原発 被ばく 資本主義