A leaked report has raised new fears that Murorua Atoll, the site of French nuclear testing in the Pacific, is in danger of collapsing.
Murorua e Tatou says the issue was detailed in a leaked report from the Ministry of Defence to the French government dated March 2010.
The Nuclear Association’s president, Roland Oldham, told Radio Australia’s Pacific Beat program that radioactive material could be released into the Pacific Ocean if the atoll were to collapse.
“Just in that little area there is over maybe twelve underground tests in that area and we have to remember that France have done altogether 193 nuclear test explosions in Murorua,” he said.
“In the soil of Muroroa, if something happens there is about 150 holes containing very dangerous radioactivity.”
The association says if the atoll were to collapse it could also trigger a 15 metre tsunami.
Mr Oldham is concerned the government didn’t make the report available to the public earlier.
“This information was very discrete, I mean we only got this information now,” he said.
“I mean the report is from 2010, why wait so long?
Continue reading at Nuclear fears over French Polynesia atoll collapse
Choose Language / 言語
Updates / 最新記事
- Fire Contained at Arkansas Nuclear Plant via ABC News
- BREAKING: Pope County 911 receives reports of explosion at Arkansas Nuclear One via River Valley Leader
- Rice from Fukushima served in govt. dining room via NHK World
- 除染した水田で収穫したコメ、環境省食堂で使用 via Yomiuri online
- 社説:新エネルギー計画 原発回帰は許されない via 毎日jp
- 美浜原発で断層の現地調査開始 原子力規制委、追加調査に含み via 福井新聞
- Record outdoor radiation level that ‘can kill in 20 min’ detected at Fukushima via RT
- 復興を問う:東日本大震災 第２部・消えた法の理念／５止 隠される線量議論 via 毎日新聞
- Spill of contaminated material at Ranger uranium mine; locals fear for Kakadu National Park via 7 News
- 東電に誠意は感じられない 福島第1原発に最も近い工場社長の叫び via 日経ビジネス
Archives / 月別アーカイブ
- December 2013 (51)
- November 2013 (164)
- October 2013 (200)
- September 2013 (255)
- August 2013 (198)
- July 2013 (208)
- June 2013 (231)
- May 2013 (174)
- April 2013 (156)
- March 2013 (199)
- February 2013 (191)
- January 2013 (173)
- December 2012 (92)
- November 2012 (198)
- October 2012 (229)
- September 2012 (207)
- August 2012 (255)
- July 2012 (347)
- June 2012 (231)
- May 2012 (168)
- April 2012 (116)
- March 2012 (150)
- February 2012 (198)
- January 2012 (292)
- December 2011 (251)
- November 2011 (252)
- October 2011 (364)
- September 2011 (288)
- August 2011 (513)
- July 2011 (592)
- June 2011 (253)
- May 2011 (251)
- April 2011 (571)
- March 2011 (494)
- February 2011 (1)
- December 2010 (1)
By Topic / トピック一覧
anti-nuclear energy movement Atomic Age Capitalism East Japan Earthquake + Fukushima energy policy EU food France health Hiroshima/Nagasaki IAEA India Inequality labor NRC nuclear waste Nuclear Weapons Radiation exposure Russia/Ukraine/Chernobyl TEPCO U.S. UK エネルギー政策 メディア ロシア/ウクライナ/チェルノブイリ 上関 健康 公正・共生 兵器 再稼働 労働における公正・平等 原発推進 反原発運動 大飯原発 女性・フェミニズム 広島・長崎 教育 東京電力 東日本大震災・福島原発 汚染水 米国 脱原発 被ばく 資本主義 除染