Skip to content


No protest over U.S. subcritical nuke tests via The Japan Times online

By MASAMI ITO
Staff writer
Japan will not file a complaint against the U.S. government for conducting two subcritical nuclear experiments, last Dec. 1 and Feb. 2, Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Tetsuro Fukuyama said Wednesday.

The U.S. National Nuclear Security Administration reported in June that the two tests had been held at a Nevada underground test site, Fukuyama said.

In subcritical tests, plutonium is bombarded with conventional explosives, but they do not involve a nuclear bomb explosion.

Continue reading at No protest over U.S. subcritical nuke tests

Posted in *English.

Tagged with , , .


0 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.



Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.