If your small south side arts or humanities organization is putting on a public event (performance or benefit) between March 31, 2010 and June 30, 2010, your organization may apply for up to $1000 to cover the cost of renting a space for the event.
In order to apply you will need to prepare the following information:
- Name of organization
- Name and contact information of individual who is applying
- Date of event
- Budget size of organization
- A budget for the space rental and location information
- A paragraph describing your organization’s work and how it connects to arts or humanities (theater, dance, music, film, history, language, philosophy etc.)
- A paragraph describing the performance or benefit (and how it relates to your art or humanities mission)
*Please note that the funds can only go toward the rental of a space. The Network will pay the hosting space directly, the funds will not be given to your organization. Equipment, food and other service fees are not eligible. Small organizations are defined as having a budget of less than $1 million dollars.
March 31st Space grant applications due
April 15 Space grants awarded
Applications can be mailed to: Joanie Friedman, 1115 E. 58th Street, Chicago, IL 60637 or emailed to Network Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Civic Knowledge Project website: http://civicknowledge.uchicago.edu
Southside Arts & Humanities Network blog: http://email@example.com