2008 Southside Arts & Humanities Network
Space Grant Application
If your small south side arts or humanities organization is putting on a public event (performance or benefit) between May 12, 2008 and November 30, 2008, your organization may apply for up to $1000 to cover the cost of renting a space for the event.
In order to apply you will need to prepare the following information:
- Name of organization
- Name and contact information of individual who is applying
- Date of event
- Budget size of organization
- A paragraph describing your organization’s work and how it connects to arts or humanities
- A paragraph describing the performance or event (and how it relates to your art or humanities mission)
- A budget for the space rental and location information
*Please note that the funds can only go toward the rental of a space. Equipment, food and other service fees are not eligible.
** Small organizations are defined as having a budget of less than $1 million dollars.
April 9th Space grant applications distributed
April 30th Space grant applications due
May 12th Space grants awarded
Applications can be mailed to: Joanie Friedman, 1115 E. 58th Street, Chicago, IL 60637
Civic Knowledge Project website: http://civicknowledge.uchicago.edu
Southside Arts & Humanities Network blog: http://firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact the Coordinator of the Southside Arts & Humanities Network, Joanie Friedman at email@example.com.