MAPH will have almost 1500 alumni by the end of this year. Many of you are in Chicago, but we have alums in London, Singapore, China, India, Australia, and other faraway sounding places. You are professors, non-profit fundraisers, curators, art gallery directors, program coordinators for corporate giving, heads of communications, attorneys, investment bankers, teachers, and independent consultants. You work in government, education, finance, journalism, the arts, advocacy organizations, publishing, and any number of other fields.
Finding everyone is a bit like herding cats. Cats educated in psychoanalytic theory. In other words very, very strange, unnervingly smart cats.
And we would love for you all to check in. Here are several easy ways that we’re hoping you can plug yourself back into MAPH:
- Join the official MAPH Facebook Group “Master of Arts Program in the Humanities.” This is the central clearing house for all announcements from MAPHCentral. You can find our blog content, events announcements, and reunion updates!
- Check out the AfterMAPH blog (which you’re already doing), and volunteer to be interviewed for the “Meet an Alum” feature. We love talking with you, and our current students and alums all love reading profiles of interesting people.
- Join the MAPH LinkedIn Group. Whether your searching for a job, or are just interested in staying connected, LinkedIn is still popular among MAPHers and we’d love to keep it that way. CAPS is great, but the best resource for you (and for our current students) will be the growing alumni network.
- Twitter. Yes, we have it. Right now, you can follow @MAPHMentors, but we will start up a new @AfterMAPH alumni feed soon.
- COME TO WINTER the WINTER QUARTER MAPH ALUMNI MEETUP. Clark Street Ale House on March 3 at 6:00 until whenever. MAPH will pony up for the first round.
- COME TO REUNION. It’s on June 3, and it’s going to be awesome.
You can always email me at MAPHCentral (email@example.com) if you have questions or just want to check in.